Thursday, December 3, 2015

December 3, 2015




Mixed media layout for {Nani Ke Ola DT}

"A Time Keeper's Journey"
I was in Ireland a couple of years ago for my son's wedding.  The Reception was held across the street from Bunratty Castle.  It is such a a wonderful folk village.  This is a photo I took of my daughter looking into a stream that runs through the village. 

When I saw these papers from Marion Smiths Junque  Gypsy I just knew they were perfect for this layout idea!


 First I used the Nota Bene paper as my base and randomly applied touches of brown and peach water color.
  Then I cut out a few note cards from the Faux Pas paper and a strip from the Tinker paper and began layering them around the page.  


The filigree chipboard frame was first painted  with Lindy's Stamp Gang Ponderosa Pine Olive.  Then I randomly applied, copper, pollen, clear and green micro beads. This gives my frame added interest and appeal.  Next, I matted my picture and applied a piece of cardboard underneath to give it lift and placed it over the center of my note card layers.


With the base of my layout complete it is now time to add embellishments.  I chose a few flowers, bead filigree,  moss, cheese clothe more micro beads, couple of butterflies, lace and thread.


Thank you for stopping by!  I hope what you have seen here today has inspired you to let your own creativity take flight!


Marion Smith - Junque Gypsy - Nota Bene, Faux Pas
Marion Smith - Time Keeper - Tinker
Marion Smith - Junque Gypsy paper flowers
Lindy's Stamp Gang - Autumn Leaves Starburst set

 

No comments:

Post a Comment