Monday, April 6, 2015

April 6, 2015


My April DT Reveal For

Helmar

"An Eerie Tale Box"

 

 A happy spring day to you all!  Kathleen here with a slightly out of season altered project to share with you.  I love fairy tales and Graphic 45 has a fun paper collection that inspired this creation.  I hope you enjoy it.

My first step was to cut all my major pieces to size.  This is a 15" round box which once housed a special birthday present from my daughter to me.  The base side of the box is 3" high and the lid side is 11/4" with the top of the lid at 4" circle.  Once these pieces were cut I began to adhere them with Helmar D'ecoupage and Craft paste.  I opted to put the Helmar D'ecoupage paste directly on the box for a strong solid base to my project.  All layers after that the paste was applied directly to the paper.  Note; make sure you use the smoothing tool that comes with the  Helmar D'ecoupage  and Craft paste to smooth out any bubbles that may result during the application. 



I wanted to add dimension to to the cutout flowers around the base of the box and on top of the book.  To do this I applied a generous amount of Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots and lightly put the pieces in place.  They take a bit of time to dry so be careful when handling your project until it sets which takes several hours.  If you are the patient type then it is best to leave it over night.  



I used Helmar Acid Free Glue  to adhere the printed paper to the cardstock.  It dries quickly so you can keep moving on completing your project.  I cut out 4 -  3" x 5" pieces of orange card stock and 4 - 2 3/4 x 4 3/4 pieces of different pattern paper to create my book.  After gluing I folded them in half and ran a Popsicle stick the back.
 To finish the project I gathered up a wide assortment of flowers and used Helmar Acid Free Glue to hold them in place.
Here are a few close ups of the completed project.






Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope you will give Helmar D'coupe and Craft Paste a try on your next  craft project!

For a complete product list please stop by my blog Talking Papers.

Paper

Graphic 45- An Eerie Tale-  Unsolved Mystery,
Graphic 45- An Eerie Tale-  Captivating characters
Graphic 45- An Eerie Tale- You Bewitch Me
Graphic 45- An Eerie Tale- Wicked Whimsy
Graphic 45- An Eerie Tale- Grand Illusion

Adhesives


Embellishments

Creative Embellishments Large Clock Face 4"
Spare Parts flowers
Prima flowers
Stash items; moon button, ribbon


2 comments:

  1. This is so amazing. I will try your little book on some of my projects. It is so gorgeuos. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Hugs Elfi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, Kathleen!! ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete