Sunday, November 10, 2013

Country Life

I just love fall!  Ounce Upon a Sketch challenge this month is "My happy place".  My happy place would be found in the country.  Wide open spaces, simply life, the beauty of the land....I could just sit all day drinking up the fresh air and sunshine.  Sun flowers are a perfect choice for this happy place since the follow the sun's direction all day long. 

 The base of my layout I used Autumn Country Basics paper from Maja.  I shadowed in around the border and flowers for more depth.  This was so much fun to do!

Inkido 's challenge this month is to use string, thread or yarn.  I tucked some up under the picture. The long threads reminded me of corn silk.
 I used corrugated cardboard chalked in brown for a little rustic feel.

 Graphic 45 French Country paper collection was a perfect choice for that country flavor.
This lovely flourish received a lot of distressing til the colors looked weathered and old world.
Creative Embellishments presented this beautiful photo as inspiration.
I am truly thankful for fall days and watching mother nature preparing for winter.
fall-harvest
Thanks for stopping by to visit me in my "Happy Place"!

14 comments:

  1. Great take on INKIDO challenge, thank you much for joining with your beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely page with so many pretty details! Thanks so much for taking part in our challenge at Inkido!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all pretty fussy cutting! And I can see why this is your happy place! Thanks for playing with us at Inkido! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All this fussy cutting makes a fabulous page. Awesome work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a gorgeous page, Kathleen. You achieved the country look so beautifully!! Your fussy cutting is amazing and I love the fab layering!! Thanks for joining us for the November Once Upon A…Sketch Challenge! I hope you’ll stop by our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page to share your layout there. ~ Blessings, Tracey

    Garden of Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout screams country life and country girl. I agree sunflowers are the perfect choice. These papers are perfect to reinforce your love of country life too. Love the earthy colours and the lovely layers. Great job. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous page Kathleen. Love the country feel you have created with your beautifully layered and fussy cut G45 pp's. I can totally relate to your happy place. We live in the city, but some of my most happy memories are having family holidays at my SIL's farm. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a gorgeous page! I love the use of G45 papers, they so emphasize your theme. Stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous page! Love the fussy cut details, colors, textures and layering! Thanks for playing along w/the Creative Embellishments November Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning layout!! Love papers and all the lovely layers. Thanks for playing along at Creative Embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful page and gorgeous design! I love how you incorporated the strings in your page. Thank you for playing with us at Inkido, good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful page. Love all the fussy cutting. Thanks for playing with us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A perfect page with oodles of country feel! Me too love the fussy cutting, just beautiful! Thanks a bunch for joining in with us at OUAS again this month!

    ReplyDelete