Monday, May 13, 2013

2 Pieces of my heart

                                                                 2 Pieces of my heart

I am sure my heart would die and fade away should anything ever happen to these two pieces of my heart.  They had just received these dresses from their German Oma for their birthdays both of which come in May.  
 
2 Pieces of my heart

 I just love adding pieces of whimsy in my layouts.  Here we have a fun teapot die cut.

 Notice the two heart pieces on the top and bottom corners of the page.  I painted gesso on them then did a subtle inking with pink and blue.  Then I glued butcher's twine on the outer edges. 
 I added yellow element around the page to get your eyes to wander from point a to z.



Thank you for stopping by and seeing what the papers are saying today.  You are awesome and soooo appreciated by this blogger.  See you soon.

I will be entering this layout into the following challenges:

http://onceuponasketchblog.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/looking-for-another-challenge-check-out.html
For this challenge I used the number 2 which represents two pieces of my heart(my daughters), and the below sketch.



Let's get shabby color challenge 






http://berry71bleu.blogspot.com.au/2013/05/may-challenge-collaboration-with-ouas.html
I incorporated a chipboard heart halved.

Let's get shabby 

Scrapping 247 365   use baker's twine

19 comments:

  1. This is soo delightful. Love the effect of the heart and the lovely dimension you have created on this!! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap For Help this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Kathleen. Love the design, bling and twine. Pretty accents and fun design. Thanks for entering my challenge for Sketch~N~Scrap Birthday Bash.
    Huggies
    Rachelle-DT
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This certainly is such a darling page full of sweetness and my oh my isn't that teapot just the cutest! thank you so much for sharing this with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful page with so many pretty details! adore your cluster!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, this is super gorgeous!!! So many beautiful and sweet details! Thanks for joining us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you've used your twine on the chipboard. Beautiful layout! Thanks for joining us this month at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty page! Thank you for playing along with Berry71Bleu.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely layout! I love all the elements you included to get such a beautiful design! Thanks for joining in at our Birthday Bash at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This turned out so beautiful. Love the symbolism with the two chipboard heart halves. Also love the way the doilies and napkin-flowers unify the design.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty LO! Thanks for sharing with us at Berry71bleu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty layout! Love how you used the twine on your chipboard! Thanks for joining us at Berry71bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is GORGEOUS!!! Absolutely love your layout and the twine you used! Thanks so much for joining us in our Birthday Bash at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty page! Thank you for joining Scrap for Help!

    ReplyDelete
  14. such a pretty page! thanks for stopping by at ScrapFriends blog. Glad you liked my video :). Hugs, Sanna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty page!!! Thanks for playing along with Berry71Bleu!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful page and lots of lovely details. Thanks for joining us in our Birthday celebrations. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Kathleen, to be eligible for the twine challenge please make sure and post your layout on Mandi's blogs not the sidebar on Sketch N Scrap, we reserve that for our sketch challenges. Thanks for joining in our birthday bash though, I don't want you to miss out on the prize draw for that specific challenge by posting in the wrong place :o)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A beautiful layout Kathleen. Thanks for becoming a follower on my blog.

    ReplyDelete